Why should I check for more than one injured person at an emergency scene?

Look carefully for more than one person. You might not spot everyone at first.

If one person is bleeding or screaming, you might not notice an unconscious person. It also is easy to overlook a small child or an infant.

In an emergency with more than one injured or ill person, you may need to prioritize care.

Continue Learning about First Aid, Safety & Preparedness

Bug Bite Symptoms You Should Never Ignore
Along with backyard barbeques, picnics and humid hikes on summer days, come bug bites—lots of them. Some may simply go unnoticed while others are so i...
How can I help an unconscious person if they are not breathing?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
If an adult is not breathing, this person most likely needs immediate CPR.
Natural Mosquito Repellents That Really Work
Natural Mosquito Repellents That Really WorkNatural Mosquito Repellents That Really WorkNatural Mosquito Repellents That Really WorkNatural Mosquito Repellents That Really Work
Find out how to ward off mosquitoes without exposing your skin to harsh chemicals.
What Does the CDC Do to Help Make the US and World Safer and Healthier?