Are there times when I shouldn’t use a bandage?

You should only use a bandage if your wound is an area that might get dirty or become irritated by clothing. Otherwise, you should keep the wound dry and allow your wound access to fresh air.

Continue Learning about First Aid For Wounds

Are You Prepared to Save a Life?
Are You Prepared to Save a Life?
Hopefully, you’ll never be in a situation where someone is suffering life-threatening bleeding. However, uncontrolled bleeding is the leading cause of...
How should I apply a roller bandage to a wound?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Secure the end of the bandage in place with a turn of the bandage. Wrap the bandage around the bo...
How should I care for my wound after surgery?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Here are tips on how you can care for your wound after surgery:If your wound is closed with staples:...
What's the Best Way to Remove a Splinter?