How do I give chest compressions to an unconscious choking child?

Locate the correct hand position for chest compressions. Use the same technique that is used for CPR.
  • Give chest compressions. Compress an child's chest 30 times to a depth of at least 2 inches.
  • Compress at a rate of at least 100 chest compressions per minute; the 30 chest compressions should take about 18 seconds to complete.

Continue Learning about First Aid For Choking

How do I give chest compressions to an unconscious choking adult?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Locate the correct hand position for chest compressions. Use the same technique that is used for...
What should I do if my child is choking?
Nina L. Shapiro, MDNina L. Shapiro, MD
If your child is choking and unable to breathe, call 911 and begin performing the Heimlich maneuver....
How Does a Person Choke?
How Does a Person Choke?
What Should I Do If Someone Is Choking?
What Should I Do If Someone Is Choking?