Should I remove all medication patches before using an AED?

A responder might absorb the medication through the skin so use a gloved hand to remove any patch that you see on the person's chest. Do not waste time trying to identify what type of patch it is.

Continue Learning about First Aid For Medical Emergencies & Conditions

Avoid Unnecessary Trips to the Emergency Department
In the movie Pay It Forward, the storyline is all about doing good deeds for strangers who, in turn, pass on a good deed to someone they don’t know. O...
What should I do before putting on personal protective gear to give care?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Before putting on personal protective equipment such as disposable gloves, cover any of your own cut...
What should I keep in my medicine cabinet?
Dr. Kevin J. Soden, MDDr. Kevin J. Soden, MD
This is a very difficult question to answer as what is stocked in a medicine cabinet will vary great...
How CPR Saves Lives
How CPR Saves Lives