How do I prevent spreading disease after providing emergency care?

Avoid handling any of your personal items such as pens or combs while giving care, or until you wash your hands, to prevent disease transmission.

Continue Learning about First Aid For Medical Emergencies & Conditions

Avoid Unnecessary Trips to the Emergency Department
In the movie Pay It Forward, the storyline is all about doing good deeds for strangers who, in turn, pass on a good deed to someone they don’t know. O...
What is the recovery position in first aid?
The recovery position in first aid is designed to maintain the airway of an unconscious person. Ther...
How do I interview an injured or ill person to find out what happened?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Remember to first identify yourself and to get the person’s consent to give care. Begin by asking th...
Support the AED Law and Save a Life
Support the AED Law and Save a Life