How can I determine if an infant is unconscious?

If you are not sure whether an infant is unconscious, check by tapping the infant’s shoulder or by flicking the bottom of the infant’s foot and shout to see if the infant responds.

American Red Cross, signs, consciousness, feel, look, listen, infant, rescue

Continue Learning about First Aid For Medical Emergencies & Conditions

Avoid Unnecessary Trips to the Emergency Department
In the movie Pay It Forward, the storyline is all about doing good deeds for strangers who, in turn, pass on a good deed to someone they don’t know. O...
How can someone at work help me if I have a seizure?
MDLIVEMDLIVE
The best thing you can do for them is to protect them from injury during the seizure. Lay them on th...
How can the 9-1-1 call taker help me with emergency first aid?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Many 9-1-1 call takers also are trained to give first aid instructions, so they can assist you w...
How Lifesaving CPR Works
How Lifesaving CPR Works