What percentage of my paycheck should I put toward retirement?

Let's assume you've already set aside ten percent of your paycheck for emergency funds. Take another ten percent and put it in a retirement account - nothing gives you the freedom to follow your passions and to relieve stress than having a retirement fund (often added to by an employer). This plan means you have to live below your paycheck and may need to budget carefully so you can enjoy these freedoms.

YOU: Being Beautiful: The Owner's Manual to Inner and Outer Beauty

Most people think that beauty revolves around such things as lipstick, sweet eyes, or skinny jeans -- all those things that we can see (and obsess over) in the mirror. But the fact is that beauty...

Continue Learning about Financial Health for Mental Well-Being

What should a financial planning checklist for retirement or death include?
Philip Lisagor, MDPhilip Lisagor, MD
A financial planning checklist for retirement or death may be done with a financial planner and/or a...
How much should I be saving for emergencies only?
I'm not going to get into the nitty gritty of telling you whether I believe investing in internation...
Why is planning for retirement important?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
This is also a time to think about later years. Money is crucial to aging well and healthfully. Beca...
What are the benefits of financial planning for retirement or death?
Philip Lisagor, MDPhilip Lisagor, MD
Financial planning for retirement or death has the following benefits: Making sure your money wi...