How often does my baby move in the womb?

Unless you've got a counter, it's hard to keep up. At 20 weeks, the average is about 200 movements a day. At 32 weeks, it's 575. At 40 weeks, that number drops to about 300. The simple reason? There's less room for the tyke to move around as it grows.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Fetal Development Basics & Pregnancy

What is an embryo?
An embryo is the medical term used for a developing baby from the moment the fertilized egg implants...
Could my baby's brain be damaged by pollution exposure in the womb?
Mother Nature NetworkMother Nature Network
Yes, your baby’s brain could be damaged by pollution in the womb. Two new studies published recently...
What is amniotic fluid?
No matter your favorite fluid of choice - water, tea, a venti pumpkin spice latte - it's time to app...
How do doctors know if the unborn baby has breathing problems?
Louise E. Sivak, MDLouise E. Sivak, MD
Breathing problems will not become apparent until the infant does in fact start to breathe air. Pren...