How often does my baby move in the womb?

Unless you've got a counter, it's hard to keep up. At 20 weeks, the average is about 200 movements a day. At 32 weeks, it's 575. At 40 weeks, that number drops to about 300. The simple reason? There's less room for the tyke to move around as it grows.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Fetal Development Basics & Pregnancy

What is intrauterine growth restriction (IUGR)?
SwedishSwedish
Intrauterine growth restriction (IUGR) means the baby is growing more slowly than is normal. The mos...
How does a non-stress test measure a fetus's heart rate?
Performed in the third trimester, this test monitors the fetus's heart rate as a sign of his health....
When does the sense of smell develop in a fetus?
It used to be that scientists believed fetuses had about as much of a sense of smell as they had a s...
When does the sense of touch develop in a fetus?
The first sense to emerge, touch happens as early as 7 ½ weeks, when your baby can first sense touch...