How fast does a brain develop in utero?

The pace at which a baby's neural network is built is truly mind boggling: In utero, brains build 250,000 neurons a minute to result in about 100 billion by the time the baby is born. That's a heck of a lot of potential learning.
YOU: Raising Your Child: The Owner's Manual from First Breath to First Grade

There’s little doubt that parenting can be one of the most rewarding and satisfying experiences you’ll ever have. But it can be plenty tough, too: Around the clock, you’re working to keep your...

Continue Learning about Fetal Development Basics & Pregnancy

What can my baby sense in the womb?
You may think, as your baby grows inside of you, that he's floating around in a muted, dark place th...
What is amniotic fluid?
No matter your favorite fluid of choice - water, tea, a venti pumpkin spice latte - it's time to app...
Will I deliver my baby early if I have IUGR?
SwedishSwedish
If you have intrauterine growth restriction (IUGR) and your baby has stopped growing or has other pr...
What are some effects of poor fetal nutrition?
In utero, if you feed your baby fewer nutrients, you're programming your child to expect an environm...