How do I get rid of belly lines after having a baby?

The linea nigra is the dark vertical line that often appears between the belly button and the pubic area during pregnancy. Hormones, which are also responsible for your darkened areolas, a new crop of freckles and an impressive variety of other skin anomalies (like the mask of pregnancy), are behind this weird little stripe. It will usually fade over a few months, but spending time in the sun can permanently tan it. Eating foods with folic acid might help fade any skin discolorations, so try some leafy green veggies.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Pregnancy, Fertility and Childbirth