How do I get rid of belly lines after having a baby?

The linea nigra is the dark vertical line that often appears between the belly button and the pubic area during pregnancy. Hormones, which are also responsible for your darkened areolas, a new crop of freckles and an impressive variety of other skin anomalies (like the mask of pregnancy), are behind this weird little stripe. It will usually fade over a few months, but spending time in the sun can permanently tan it. Eating foods with folic acid might help fade any skin discolorations, so try some leafy green veggies.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Pregnancy, Fertility and Childbirth

Just Relax and You'll Get Pregnant: True or False?
If you have fertility issues and you’re trying to conceive, you’ve probably heard the advice “Just relax and you’ll get pregnant.” Not only is this ad...
Why should I see my OBGYN if I want to get pregnant?
Before getting pregnant, talk to your OBGYN about preconception health care. Your doctor will want t...
Should You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in Mind
Should You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in Mind
Though only six percent of women hire them to help with pregnancy, doulas offer real benefits.
Can I Prevent Problems with Pregnancy After Age 40?