How do I get my flat stomach back after having a baby?

No doubt, your belly has been through quite the delivery workout. The only problem is that this workout did more damage than good to your abdominal muscles. The prospect of trying to eliminate your postpregnancy belly and recover a flat stomach can be daunting. You can help tighten your abdominal wall by doing some exercises. A good one is the modified cat pose from yoga, done while you're standing in the shower. It helps reawaken the abs without putting a whole lot of pressure on the muscles. But remember, the secret to a flat stomach centers around not only core strength but also eating right and avoiding the simple carbohydrates that set up shop on your hips or waist unless you are running marathons to burn the sugar.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy, Fertility and Childbirth

My Advice to Jessica Simpson on Pregnancy Weight Gain
Hello, my name is Nicole, and I’m a recovering over-indulger. (Everyone say, “Hi Nicole!”) I’m also pregnant with my second child. When I found out I ...
The Downside of Elective C-Sections for Mother & Child
Singer -- and The Voice judge -- Christina Aguilera scheduled an elective Cesarean procedure during her 37 th week of pregnancy in 2008 when she gave ...
What happens when an egg is fertilized?
After the egg drops from the ovary, it travels through the Fallopian tube, where there's about a 24-...
Can Petite Women Safely Give Birth Vaginally?