How can I find support during pregnancy?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD
Support during pregnancy can come froma variety of sources. Family, both the partner and extended family such as parents, sibling and aunts are frequent sources of support.  There are also community based resources such as maternal-child services through the health department, church groups and non-profit organizations.  In todays world of social networking there are a growing number of online blogs and support group that can bring people together to provide support and education.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy, Fertility and Childbirth

Take Charge for a Healthy Pregnancy and Baby
During pregnancy, a developing fetus is tuned-in to Mom -- reacting to her voice, tasting the food she ate for dinner, feeling her sway as she walks a...
What is a term pregnancy?
HCA VirginiaHCA Virginia
In humans, singleton (one-baby) pregnancy lasts, on average, 40 weeks, or 280 days from the first da...
Why am I more prone to strains when I'm pregnant?
The hormone relaxin helps soften the connective tissues of the body - relaxing the pelvic joints, ri...
Can I Prevent Problems with Pregnancy After Age 40?