What are the bumps that develop on my areola during pregnancy?

In addition to other changes in your breasts, you'll develop Montgomery's tubercules—small, harmless bumps on your areola. These bumps actually secrete a lubricant that discourages bacteria growth—a reason not to wash your nipples with soap. Later on, this lubricant will also help prevent your nipples from cracking during breastfeeding.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Pregnancy, Fertility and Childbirth

What You Need to Know About Pregnancy After 35
More women are starting their families later in life: Nearly 10 percent of first-time moms are 35 or older. The reasons for these increases vary, but ...
How safe is it to clean out a litter box while pregnant?
It may not be safe to clean out a litter box while pregnant. It is best to avoid contact with cat fe...
What should I keep in mind during pregnancy?
Riverside Health SystemRiverside Health System
The following are some of the pregnancy dos:See your doctor regularly. Prenatal care can help keep y...
What Are the Risks for Pregnancy After Age 40?