What kind of visceral fat in my body can be harmful?

Roshini C. Rajapaksa, MD
Gastroenterology

The visceral fat that surrounds your internal organs can increase your risk of heart disease, says internist Dr. Roshini Raj. Find out about the simple step you can take to protect your health by watching this video.

Continue Learning about Fats

The Danger of a Fatty Meal
The Danger of a Fatty Meal
King Henry VIII is renowned for having six wives, two of whom he executed. But he is also an infamous glutton. He expanded the kitchens at Hampton Cou...
What is the difference between good and bad dietary fat?
Janis Jibrin, MS, RDJanis Jibrin, MS, RD
Everyone has to watch their intake of unhealthy fats. It's not the total fat consumption that matter...
What are the benefits of eating fat?
Mental Fitness, Inc.Mental Fitness, Inc.
Fats are our slow release energy source. They actually last 3 -4 hours before they are used up. It i...
Am I Burning Calories When I Shiver?
Am I Burning Calories When I Shiver?