What are healthy triglyceride levels?

Triglycerides are lipids (fats) that circulate in the bloodstream. Triglyceride measurements are usually taken when cholesterol levels are analyzed, after an overnight fast. The average fasting triglyceride level is 120 to 125 mg/dl. Levels above 209 mg/dl are associated with significant arterial aging, especially with plaque buildup along the artery wall.
The RealAge Makeover: Take Years off Your Looks and Add Them to Your Life

Why not live at 60 feeling like you did at 35?Thousands of Americans are younger today than they were five years ago. How is that possible? By following the specific recommendations that reverse...

Continue Learning about Fats

Is it true that we are born with all the fat cells we will ever have?
No, this is a fallacy. Our bodies are born with a certain number of fat cells, but that number can c...
How does eating fatty foods affect my appetite?
Abby EllinAbby Ellin
John Blundell, research chair in psychobiology and chair of the department of psychology at the Univ...
What are the benefits of eating fat?
The name says it all: Fat makes you fat, right? Wrong! Eating a small amount of fat actually helps y...
Why Should My Child Eat Healthy Fats?
Why Should My Child Eat Healthy Fats?