What are the three kinds of fat in the body?

Fat is like real estate; it's all about location, location, location. We all have three kinds of fat in our bodies: fat in our blood stream (called triglycerides), subcutaneous fat (which lies just underneath the skin's surface) and omentum fat. The omentum is a fatty layer of tissue located inside the belly that hangs underneath the muscles in your stomach (it's why some men with beer guts still have firm bellies -- their fat is underneath the muscle). Omentum fat is the most harmful to your health.
YOU: On A Diet Revised Edition: The Owner's Manual for Waist Management

For the first time in our history, scientists are uncovering astounding medical evidence about dieting -- and why so many of us struggle with our weight and the size of our waists. Now researchers...

Continue Learning about Fats

What Kind of Visceral Fat In My Body Can Be Harmful?
Why Should My Child Eat Healthy Fats?
Why Should My Child Eat Healthy Fats?
Avoid These Bad Fats for a Better Mood
Avoid These Bad Fats for a Better Mood
What Types of Fats Should I Choose for a Healthy Diet?