What are some sources of good monounsaturated fat?

Olives and olive oil are a key source of monounsaturated fats. Avocados are another food rich in monounsaturated fats and high in fiber and potassium. Avocados are also one of the few dietary sources of vitamin E. If you wish to eat fat, an avocado is a good choice. Remember that one avocado can be as much as one third of your daily fat allowance, with nearly 20 grams of fat in each. For you aficionados, Florida avocados, although not as creamy tasting as California avocados, contain significantly less fat.

The RealAge Makeover: Take Years off Your Looks and Add Them to Your Life

Why not live at 60 feeling like you did at 35?Thousands of Americans are younger today than they were five years ago. How is that possible? By following the specific recommendations that reverse...
Janis Jibrin, MS, RD
Sources of monounsaturated fatty acids include: Olive oil and canola oil, which are loaded with monounsaturated fats, so make these your staple oils. Other mono-rich foods include avocados, almonds, cashews, peanuts, and sesame seeds.
The Best Life Guide to Managing Diabetes and Pre-Diabetes

Bob Greene has helped millions of Americans become fit and healthy with his life-changing Best Life plan. Now, for the first time, Oprah's trusted expert on diet and fitness teams up with a leading...

Continue Learning about Fats

How Can Eating Fat Help Me Lose Weight?
How Can Eating Fat Help Me Lose Weight?
What Kind of Visceral Fat In My Body Can Be Harmful?
Why Should My Child Eat Healthy Fats?
Why Should My Child Eat Healthy Fats?
Avoid These Bad Fats for a Better Mood
Avoid These Bad Fats for a Better Mood