How can I increase my intake of monounsaturated fats (MUFAs)?

Monounsaturated fats (MUFAs) can actually lower total cholesterol and increase good, HDL cholesterol. Try to include a few servings of these foods in your diet: nuts, peanuts, walnuts, pistachios, cashew nuts, hazelnuts (remember, keep nut servings to 1/4 cup), avocado oil, canola oil and olive oil.

Remember, just 1 tablespoon of oil contains approximately 120 calories and 14 grams of fat -- although it is a healthier fat, you still need to use it in small amounts.

Continue Learning about Fats

Trans Fat Means Trouble for Your Memory
Trans Fat Means Trouble for Your Memory
Can’t seem to remember where you set you keys? Constantly forgetting to pick up the dry-cleaning? Well put down the potato chips and step away from th...
What Kind of Visceral Fat In My Body Can Be Harmful?
What Are the Best Ways to Use Red Palm Oil?
Why Should My Child Eat Healthy Fats?
Why Should My Child Eat Healthy Fats?