What are the symptoms of fasciculation?

Symptoms of fasciculation include muscle twitching or gentle grooves on the skin that are hardly noticeable. In most cases, this will happen on the calf muscle, the thumb, or on the lid of either eye. However, if the fasciculation is an indication of a more severe disorder, someone may experience a loss of feeling, weakness, or a deterioration of muscle size.

Continue Learning about Fasciculation (Muscle Twitch)

What increases my risk for fasciculation?
A deficiency in your diet, intense exercise, stress, or too much caffeine can increase your risk of ...
How can I tell if my fasciculation is benign?
Benign fasciculation syndrome (BFS) is the generalized term to describe muscle twitching when it doe...
What are the treatment options for fasciculation?
In cases of benign (or harmless) fasciculation, there is no real treatment other than allowing it to...
What is fasciculation?
Fasciculation, or muscle twitching, is an involuntary movement of your muscles in a specific area of...