How can I help my family stay optimistic during tough times?

Dr. Kathleen Hall
Preventive Medicine
Tough times will happen in a family. It may be a child failing a class, the emotional break up with a boyfriend, or the illness of a family member. The family is the safety net of optimism and hope that weaves these precious lives together. At these times optimistic family rituals can support and strengthen the family.

Maybe your family goes to a particular local restaurant, goes to the mall and a certain store, or rents a movie and eats popcorn. The family ritual is the glue of a family. Optimism is grounded in family rituals. Please invest in your family by creating these intimate times that you will hold in your heart forever.
Uncommon H.O.P.E.: A Powerful Guide to Creating an Extraordinary Life

Every day, the little constant stresses and anxieties leave us feeling unfulfilled, not living the best life possible. But what if the life we want to live is with in our grasp and we don't even know...

Continue Learning about Family Challenges & Problems

How do I deal with tension in my marriage after return from deployment?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
Homecoming from military service is a joyous occasion for most service members and their spouses or ...
What is family therapy?
Lisa PalmerLisa Palmer
Society trains us to think very individualistically, but many of our behaviors, thoughts, actions ar...
What is the relationship between family stress and childhood illness?
Researchers are busy studying how people respond to stress from an abnormal life situation, such as ...
How Can I Blend Different Families Into One Cohesive Unit?