What are the risks of neck lift surgery?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery

The risks from a neck lift surgery are similar to those of other surgeries. Bleeding or hematoma is the most common complication, followed by infection. Loss of sensitivity of the skin due to sensory nerve damage may occur. Contour deformities may also occur due to uneven fat removal or liposuction. Scarring under the chin may be visible leading to contracture as well. Visibility of the neck bands after tightening can occur as well. 

Continue Learning about Facelift Or Necklift

How does an ultrasound face-lift procedure work?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
The Ulthera system uses ultrasound -- high energy sound, to fry and shrink face skin and the underly...
What are the different facelift techniques?
Jeremy P. Warner, MDJeremy P. Warner, MD
The goal of the facelift is to restore a more youthful appearance. Learn more from Dr. Jeremy Warner...
How Effective Are Noninvasive Face-Lifts?
How Can I Look Younger Without a Facelift?