What is the right age for me to go for a facelift?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
The right age differs for person to person for a facelift surgery. Having a less invasive surgery earlier may mask the time of age! Injectables, Botox, and minimally invasive facelifts can be started in the mid 30s and continued for 20 years. A more extensive facelift (midface lift, SMAS, deep plane, Subperiosteal lift) are excellent for patients in their 50s and 60s.

Continue Learning about Facelift Or Necklift

Should I have a necklift at the same time as my facelift?
Erik A. Hoy, MDErik A. Hoy, MD
A necklift, or cervicoplasty, can significantly rejuvenate the aging jaw line and contribute to the ...
How do I know if I am a good candidate for a facelift?
Erik A. Hoy, MDErik A. Hoy, MD
We all know what "old" looks like, and what message a wrinkled face conveys. However, the process by...
Who is a good candidate for facelift surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Good facelift candidates are healthy men and women with skin laxity from the jowls, neck and and pro...
What are the different facelift techniques?
Jeremy P. Warner, MDJeremy P. Warner, MD
The goal of the facelift is to restore a more youthful appearance. Learn more from Dr. Jeremy Warner...