If I go for face lift, is it necessary for me to stay in the hospital?

Sarmela Sunder, MD
Facial Plastic Surgery (ENT)
No, it is generally not required that you stay in the hospital following a facelift. Depending on the type of facelift, it may be recommended that you have a nurse stay with you for the first night, but this does not need to be in a hospital. You must have someone be with you for 24 hours following anesthesia. Most of the time, it is normal for a family member or friend care for the patient. 
Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery

The majority of patients undergoing a face lift do NOT require hospital stay. In fact, patients normally stay at a 24 hour post-operative care facility with licensed nurses. The nurses will help with medications, removal of fluid from the drains, and dressing changes. The aftercare facilities are excellent for women whom have also undergone large body sculpting procedures or mommy makeovers. 

Continue Learning about Facelift Or Necklift

How long does it take to recover from a neck lift?
Stephen HandisidesStephen Handisides
You will usually be sent home with a bandage around your neck and head, which can usually be removed...
Will insurance cover any part of facelift costs?
Erik A. Hoy, MDErik A. Hoy, MD
A facelift is considered a cosmetic procedure, and as such, is not typically covered by most health ...
What Should I Know If I'm Considering a Facelift?
What Are the Different Facelift Techniques?