How much does a facelift cost?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery

A facelift or rhytidectomy can cost anywhere from 10,000-40,000 dollars. The final costs are depends on length of time in the operating room, anesthesia costs, other combined procedures, and geographical areas. Here, in Beverly Hills, California, a facelift is probably pricier than many cities in the Midwest. Often, a necklift and browlift/eyelid surgery will be combined with the facelift increasing the final costs. Remember, only Board-Certified Plastic Surgeons should be performing these complicated surgical procedures. Do not bargain hunt for the lowest price! You often get what you pay for.

Erik A. Hoy, MD
Plastic Surgery
Like any procedure, the costs involved will vary with the geographic location where it is performed, if the operation is done in an ambulatory or inpatient setting, how extensive the procedure, and the surgeon's fee. This is again an area where it does not pay to bargain shop. Prices vary from $12,000 to as much as $30,000 or more. Typically, you get what you pay for, with some of the master's in the field charging $20,000 and above.

Continue Learning about Facelift Or Necklift

When should I seek immediate help if I had a rhytidectomy?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Serious post-operative complications that require immediate attention include: bleeding, infection, ...
How long would I have to be off work if I decide to go for facelift?
Sarmela Sunder, MDSarmela Sunder, MD
The amount of time you need for recovery depends on the extent of the face lift. In general, most pe...
What Are the Different Facelift Techniques?
What Are the Risks Involved With a Facelift?