Can I have LASIK surgery if I have glaucoma?

Yes, a person with glaucoma can have Lasik surgery in some instances. However, many glaucoma patients should not have Lasik, or should consider the risks very carefully. A glaucoma patient should consult with the ophthalmologist who is managing the glaucoma about whether Lasik is advisable.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

Worst Case Scenario: I Slept in My Contact Lenses
It’s hard enough to brush your teeth, floss and wash your face before plopping under the covers. But if you’re one of the 41 million people in the US ...
What are the rods and cones in the eye?
The rods and cones in the eye are the body's sensory equipment in the back of the eye. They gather t...
Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?
Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?
When it comes to nourishing your vision, a good diet trumps dietary supplements–for most of us.
Is It Normal to Have Vision Problems After Age 40?