Yes, a person with glaucoma can have Lasik surgery in some instances. However, many glaucoma patients should not have Lasik, or should consider the risks very carefully. A glaucoma patient should consult with the ophthalmologist who is managing the glaucoma about whether Lasik is advisable.
- Q What should I expect after LASIK surgery?
- Q How effective is LASIK compared with glasses or contacts?
- Q What are the possible benefits of LASIK eye surgery?
- Q Can I have LASIK if I plan to have children?
- Q What happens after LASIK surgery?
- Q Are some corneas too thin for successful LASIK surgery?