Yes, a person with glaucoma can have Lasik surgery in some instances. However, many glaucoma patients should not have Lasik, or should consider the risks very carefully. A glaucoma patient should consult with the ophthalmologist who is managing the glaucoma about whether Lasik is advisable.
- Q Can I get LASIK if I have keratoconus?
- Q What happens before LASIK surgery?
- Q Am I a good candidate for LASIK?
- Q How old do I need to be for LASIK surgery?
- Q Will I be conscious during Lasik surgery?
- Q What happens during laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK) surgery?