What are some exfoliating agents that can be found in cosmeceuticals?

Ben Kaminsky
Dermatology
Cosmeceutical products often contain a low concentration of skin-exfoliating agents such as glycolic acid, lactic acid, and salicylic acid, which promote the shedding of dead skin cells to maintain the skin’s youthful and smooth complexion. The skin-exfoliating agents work very effectively in the loosening of the dead cells of the stratum corneum and on acne-prone skin with plugged pores and dry, flaky skin.
Beyond Botox: 7 Strategies for Sexy, Ageless Skin Without Needles or Surgery

Sexy and ageless skin is possible for a woman at any age--and she doesn't have to resort to invasive treatments like Botox to get it-as long as she cares for her skin properly, says Ben Kaminsky,...

Continue Learning about Exfoliating Skin Cleansing Products

Why do some exfoliating cleansers cause discomfort?
Because exfoliating scrubs are designed to remove the outermost layer of your skin, they're abrasive...
What do beta-hydroxy acids do?
Beta-hydroxy acid, or salicylic acid, is used for exfoliation purposes, to help dissolve the protein...
How Can Exfoliants Help My Skin?
How Can Exfoliants Help My Skin?
How Can an Exfoliant Make My Skin Look Younger?