What are the risks of using the Exelon patch?

There are few risks linked to the Exelon patch when it's used properly. Using more than one patch at once may result in the need for hospitalization and even, in rare cases, death. A rash or skin reaction may occur where the patch is applied; tell your doctor if it spreads, is severe or lasts more than 48 hours after you remove the patch. At high doses Exelon may cause nausea and vomiting. If someone in your care develops severe side effects while using an Exelon patch, tell a doctor.

Continue Learning about Exelon

How does Exelon treat Parkinson's disease?
Exelon can treat people with dementia associated with Parkinson's disease. This can cause dementia b...
What should I know about the Exelon Patch (rivastigmine) before using it?
Before you use the Exelon Patch (rivastigmine), you should know that you cannot apply the patch to t...
How should I store the Exelon patch?
Keep the Exelon patch in its sealed pouch until you are ready to apply it. Store this medicine at ro...
Is there a generic version of Exelon?
Exelon is the brand name for the active ingredient rivastigmine that is available as a capsule, an o...