How can I move more during the day?

To move more during the day, you should choose a type of exercise that you are actually going to do! In this video, clinical nurse specialist Alice Benjamin, RN, shares some great tips for working more exercise and movement into your everyday life.
The best way to be more active is to find ways to eliminate energy saving devices and machines from your life. Park further away from work and shopping, avoid drive through machines, use the stairs instead of elevators, go talk to coworkers instead of using emails of the phone. Do as many chores as you can around the home and use less labor saving devices, this will help you to increase activity during the day.
Good health includes developing sound physical activity habits. Here are five easy ways to get moving throughout your day:
  • Especially if your trip is three flights or fewer, take the stairs.
  • If you take the escalator, walk up and down.
  • Park on a higher level of a parking lot and walk down to your destination.
  • Make half your lunch break a stretch break. Get up and out of the office.
  • Before shopping at a mall, walk around the mall for 15 minutes.

Continue Learning about Everyday Activities & Fitness

The Exercise Plan to Extend Your Life
The Exercise Plan to Extend Your Life
Newton’s first law of motion is also sometimes called the law of inertia. Briefly, an object at rest stays at rest and an object in motion stays in mo...
What can I do to stay in shape during the holiday season?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
While constant parties and family travel during the holidays disrupt your fitness routine, use the f...
How do I get a good workout while doing household chores?
The key to turning any household task into exercise is to pick up the pace or increase intensity and...
Staying Active During the Day Can Keep You Fit