How fequently should I stretch my calves?

You can stretch your calves as frequently as you'd like throughout the day, especially if you sit for long periods of time or wear shoes with an elevated heel, both of which can lead to tight calves. Continual stretching will help in relaxing the tense calf muscles and improve flexibility. Stretching the calves should also be done before and after you workout. Stretching them before you workout can help increase your ankles' range of motion and help you move more effectively during exercise. Stretching after exercise will help to relax the calf muscles and re-set them to their normal resting length.

What a great question! I recommend stretching your calves every day, especially after a workout. The calves are often an overlook muscle group that needs proper warm up, strengthening, and stretching. Properly stretched calves will help promote good feet alignment, maintain muscle balance with your hamstring complex, and protect your Achilles tendon.

Continue Learning about Everyday Activities & Fitness

Choose Joy, Be Realistic and 7 Other Tips to Get Motivated for Exercise
We all know that it can be hard to get motivated to exercise. Some of us feel we have too many other things to do. Some of us feel incompetent–too unc...
How can I improve my overall health?
Riverside Community HospitalRiverside Community Hospital
If you’re looking for inspiration to improve your health, consider trying out options such as medita...
What are benefits of regular physical activity if I have a disability?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Adding regular physical activity is even more important if you have a disability, since people w...
4 Smart Ways to Enjoy TV and Still Lose Weight