Can I stay fit by playing a sport?

Mr. Donovan Green
Athletic Training
Staying fit is based around physcial movements, a clean diet, strong will and a powerful drive to succeed in life. Sports covers all of these areas. You do not have to go to a gym to stay fit. Participating in sports is essential to bettering overall functionality of your body, and it builds team work, which can be applied to family, jobs or spouse.
Too many people view exercise as something that has to be endured, but staying fit doesn’t have to be a chore. You can get the benefits of exercise while having a great time by doing sports like swimming, tennis, touch football and soccer. It’s never too late to learn a new sport, and competition can put a lot of juice into your training.

Continue Learning about Everyday Activities & Fitness

The Exercise Plan to Extend Your Life
The Exercise Plan to Extend Your Life
Newton’s first law of motion is also sometimes called the law of inertia. Briefly, an object at rest stays at rest and an object in motion stays in mo...
How can I exercise if I can't afford fitness equipment?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
If you want to exercise but can't afford fitness equipment, do something that doesn't require fa...
What are some easy ways to stay fit?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
If you had to pick one area where most people fall down in maintaining their health, it's staying wi...
Staying Active During the Day Can Keep You Fit