What increases my risk of ethanol poisoning?

Teens and young adults are more inclined to binge drink and experience ethanol poisoning. Oddly enough, the fatality rate from ethanol poisoning is higher for adults age 45-54. Men are typically more inclined to binge drink than women, but women are often more sensitive to the effects of alcohol. Smaller framed people and children are especially sensitive to the effects of alcohol and are more prone to low blood sugar levels. Poor general health, lack of other food in the stomach, and combining with other medications will also increase the risks of poisoning.

Continue Learning about Ethanol Poisoning

How is ethanol poisoning diagnosed?
Ethanol poisoning is usually diagnosed by talking to the person and any friends present. Doctors obs...
How much alcohol can I drink before I am in danger of ethanol poisoning?
Every person has different tolerances to alcohol. In general, drinking more than one serving of alco...
When should I call a doctor about ethanol poisoning?
Some people who have ingested too much alcohol may lose consciousness. If the person is unconscious ...
How do medications affect ethanol poisoning?
Combining medications with alcohol is associated with higher mortality rates than taking the substan...