How do I care for someone with ethanol poisoning?

If you think someone has severe alcohol poisoning, then they may need to go to the ER. If they are lethargic (i.e., you're having trouble waking them up), they seem to be breathing too quickly or too slowly or they are vomiting repeatedly, those are signs of alcohol poisoning and the person needs emergency care.

Continue Learning about Ethanol Poisoning

How long does it take to recover from ethanol poisoning?
In general, it takes the liver about one hour to metabolize one serving worth of alcohol. This time ...
How does ethanol poisoning affect the body?
Alcohol has almost immediate effects because it is absorbed in the bloodstream more quickly than it ...
How common is ethanol poisoning?
There are approximately 79,000 deaths each year related to excessive alcohol use. The CDC estimates ...
How much alcohol can I drink before I am in danger of ethanol poisoning?
Every person has different tolerances to alcohol. In general, drinking more than one serving of alco...