If cancer of the uterus runs in my family, should I avoid Premarin?

With your family history of uterine cancer, you should talk with your doctor about whether you should avoid Premarin. The hormones in Premarin may increase your chances of getting cancer of the uterus. If you and your doctor decide that the benefits of taking Premarin outweigh the risks, you should have regular checkups and call your doctor right away if you notice any unusual vaginal bleeding.

Continue Learning about Estrogen

How do soybeans act like human estrogen?
Among the many nutritional components in soy (and other legumes) are isoflavones, specifically genis...
Does the lack of estrogen after menopause affect bladder function?
No one is entirely sure why many women develop bladder problems after menopause. But the drop in est...
How can vaginal estrogen relieve pain during sex?
In some circumstances, pain during sex can be alleviated by improving the elasticity of the vagina a...
What is the role of estrogen during pregnancy?
By increasing the number and size of blood vessels that go to the uterus, estrogen helps increase bl...