What is the body's main source of energy?

William B. Salt II., MD
Gastroenterology
Carbohydrates serve as the body's main source of calories or energy and should comprise 50 to 60 percent of your total caloric intake. Most of your carbohydrates should be eaten as beans, vegetables, fruits and whole grains.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome & the Mind-Body Brain-Gut Connection: 8 Steps for Living a Healthy Life with a Functiona (The Mind-Body Connection Series)

One in five people suffer from irritable bowel syndrome, colitis, or other functional bowel disorders. As a result, irritable bowel syndrome is the second leading cause of worker absenteeism. This...

Continue Learning about Energy Boosters

Get an Energy Boost with This Drink
Get an Energy Boost with This Drink
It quenches your thirst, it's practically free, and it gives you an energy boost like no other. What's this magical energy drink? It's water. That's ...
How does the body produce energy when I exercise?
The body has several different ways of providing energy during exercise. Dependent on the intensity ...
Boost Your Energy Level in 11 Steps
Boost Your Energy Level in 11 StepsBoost Your Energy Level in 11 StepsBoost Your Energy Level in 11 StepsBoost Your Energy Level in 11 Steps
Recharge your batteries so you can keep on going like the Energizer bunny.
How Can I Boost My Energy Naturally?
How Can I Boost My Energy Naturally?