Which foods can help me maintain high energy levels?

Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Emergency Medicine
To keep your energy up throughout the day, the most important thing you can do is stick to an overall healthy, balanced diet. Include high-quality sources of healthy fats (such as nuts) and lean protein, because these provide long-lasting energy. Make sure to drink plenty of water. Avoid foods containing lots of sugar, because the inevitable sugar crash will cause your energy levels to plummet. Also, pay attention to how your body reacts to certain foods. In my case, carbs make me sleepy.

Continue Learning about Energy Boosters

5 Ways to Beat the Afternoon Slump
5 Ways to Beat the Afternoon Slump5 Ways to Beat the Afternoon Slump5 Ways to Beat the Afternoon Slump5 Ways to Beat the Afternoon Slump
And we're not talking about caffeine. The post-lunch, early afternoon coma: We’ve all been there. And believe it or not, there’s actually some science...
Drink Water to Fight Fatigue
Drink Water to Fight Fatigue
What Can I Do to Have More Energy?
What Can I Do to Have More Energy?
Want to Have More Energy? Baby Your Mitochondria