Can multitasking help me save time and energy?

Brooke Randolph
Marriage & Family Therapy
Researchers have found that when we multi-task we are actually wasting, not saving, mental energy. We are only able to devote our attention to one task at a time. When we try to juggle several things at one time, just like juggling, we are actually only holding one task in the grasp of our attention at a time, quickly switching from one to the next to the next. Switching our attention from one item to the next takes some time, especially when attending to complicated tasks.

Continue Learning about Energy Boosters

In a Bad Mood? Try This
In a Bad Mood? Try This
When your emotional well-being is in need of a "tune up," follow this simple rule for feeling better: take more walks. A strong body of research sugg...
How can I boost my energy naturally?
Lisa Marie RosatiLisa Marie Rosati
To naturally boost energy I recommend using Pure Essential Oils and Aromatherapy.Aromatherapy is a f...
Boost Your Energy Level in 11 Steps
Boost Your Energy Level in 11 StepsBoost Your Energy Level in 11 StepsBoost Your Energy Level in 11 StepsBoost Your Energy Level in 11 Steps
Recharge your batteries so you can keep on going like the Energizer bunny.
Where Does Energy Come From?
Where Does Energy Come From?