Which hormones affect my appetite?

In the last fifteen years, we've learned a lot about the hormonal influences. At least one of these was discovered accidentally, gherlin, a hormone secreted by the stomach that increases appetite. We learned of the importance of gherlin only by studying people who have had stomach bypass surgery for obesity (bariatric surgery). When you remove part of the stomach, you decrease gherlin levels, which in turn decreases the desire to eat. Other hormonal influences, such as leptin that has a role in regulating hunger by secretion in relation to its fat supply have also been uncovered.
The RealAge Makeover: Take Years off Your Looks and Add Them to Your Life

Why not live at 60 feeling like you did at 35?Thousands of Americans are younger today than they were five years ago. How is that possible? By following the specific recommendations that reverse...

Continue Learning about Endocrine System

What Nutrients Are Important for a Healthy Thyroid?
When Should I Worry If I Have Night Sweats?