What is the follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH)?

Follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) is produced in the pituitary gland to control reproductive functions in both men and women. In women, FSH stimulates the growth of ovarian follicles and the production of estradiol during the first half of the menstrual cycle. FSH levels increase after menopause. In men, FSH is what stimulates the production of sperm and semen.
You: Staying Young: The Owner's Manual for Extending Your Warranty

International bestselling authors of YOU: The Owner's Manual and YOU: On a Diet give you all the tools and know-how to stay young and defy the ageing process. Drawing lively parallels between your...

Continue Learning about Endocrine System

When Should I Worry If I Have Night Sweats?
What Nutrients Are Important for a Healthy Thyroid?