How do I manage my follicular adenoma thyroid nodules on a daily basis?

Many thyroid adenomas do not necessitate any treatment, so you may not need to do anything. If your nodules are large or appear to be growing, your doctor may prescribe medications to slow the growth of tissue in the thyroid. If this is the case, you will need to take your medication regularly and follow your doctor's instructions. If nothing is done to treat your follicular adenoma thyroid nodules, be sure to see your doctor for a regular exam to monitor your condition.

Continue Learning about Endocrine System

When Hormone Replacement Therapy May Be Good
Fear-mongering about hormone replacement therapy isn’t good science. For the right woman with nasty menopausal symptoms and the right man with low tes...
What's the difference between multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2A and 2B?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
There are two different types of multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2 (MEN2): MEN2A and MEN2B. In bot...
What is endocrine disruption?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
The endocrine system is the body's complex array of hormonal messages that affect almost every bodil...
What Are Effective Treatments for an Underactive Thyroid?