How do hormone levels change with age?

During puberty, our bodies release hormones into our bloodstreams that allow us to become physically mature, and sexually reproductive. During our peak reproductive years (early to mid adulthood), these hormones remain at a high level in our systems. However, as we reach our fifties and sixties, production of these hormones decreases substantially. By our eighties and nineties, they are almost nonexistent in our bloodstream. Since there is a clear relation between our chronologic ages and the level of hormones in our blood, it's logical to wonder if we could keep ourselves younger by keeping our hormone levels high.
The RealAge Makeover: Take Years off Your Looks and Add Them to Your Life

Why not live at 60 feeling like you did at 35?Thousands of Americans are younger today than they were five years ago. How is that possible? By following the specific recommendations that reverse...

Continue Learning about Endocrine System

What Nutrients Are Important for a Healthy Thyroid?
When Should I Worry If I Have Night Sweats?