There are several alternative treatments that may help ease the symptoms associated with a carcinoid tumor but no alternative treatment is known to cure a carcinoid tumor. Most of the treatments focus on reducing the stress that can make symptoms worse and include deep breathing and massage. Some people may also benefit from exercise and nutritional programs.
- Q Is a biopsy necessary to diagnose a carcinoid tumor?
- Q How do I manage my carcinoid tumor?
- Q How is a nonfunctional neuroendocrine tumor treated?
- Q What are the symptoms of neuroendocrine/carcinoid tumors?
- Q How can I protect my children from carcinoid syndrome?
- Q Is a carcinoid tumor serious?