There are several alternative treatments that may help ease the symptoms associated with a carcinoid tumor but no alternative treatment is known to cure a carcinoid tumor. Most of the treatments focus on reducing the stress that can make symptoms worse and include deep breathing and massage. Some people may also benefit from exercise and nutritional programs.
- Q What are neuroendocrine/carcinoid tumors?
- Q What is a nonfunctional neuroendocrine tumor?
- Q What are the symptoms of neuroendocrine/carcinoid tumors?
- Q What is the rate of incidence for a carcinoid tumor?
- Q How do other illnesses affect a carcinoid tumor?
- Q How is a nonfunctional neuroendocrine tumor diagnosed?