There are several alternative treatments that may help ease the symptoms associated with a carcinoid tumor but no alternative treatment is known to cure a carcinoid tumor. Most of the treatments focus on reducing the stress that can make symptoms worse and include deep breathing and massage. Some people may also benefit from exercise and nutritional programs.
- Q Where are carcinoids found?
- Q What causes carcinoid syndrome?
- Q How do other illnesses affect a carcinoid tumor?
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with a carcinoid tumor?
- Q Is a biopsy necessary to diagnose a carcinoid tumor?
- Q How are neuroendocrine/carcinoid tumors diagnosed?