There are several alternative treatments that may help ease the symptoms associated with a carcinoid tumor but no alternative treatment is known to cure a carcinoid tumor. Most of the treatments focus on reducing the stress that can make symptoms worse and include deep breathing and massage. Some people may also benefit from exercise and nutritional programs.
- Q What is the rate of incidence for a carcinoid tumor?
- Q What are the symptoms of neuroendocrine/carcinoid tumors?
- Q What is a neuroendocrine tumor?
- Q What causes carcinoid syndrome?
- Q Can children develop a carcinoid tumor?
- Q How does carcinoid syndrome affect the body?