There are several alternative treatments that may help ease the symptoms associated with a carcinoid tumor but no alternative treatment is known to cure a carcinoid tumor. Most of the treatments focus on reducing the stress that can make symptoms worse and include deep breathing and massage. Some people may also benefit from exercise and nutritional programs.
- Q What are the symptoms of neuroendocrine/carcinoid tumors?
- Q Where are carcinoids found?
- Q How are neuroendocrine/carcinoid tumors diagnosed?
- Q What is a neuroendocrine tumor?
- Q How is a nonfunctional neuroendocrine tumor diagnosed?
- Q How can I protect my children from carcinoid syndrome?