There are several alternative treatments that may help ease the symptoms associated with a carcinoid tumor but no alternative treatment is known to cure a carcinoid tumor. Most of the treatments focus on reducing the stress that can make symptoms worse and include deep breathing and massage. Some people may also benefit from exercise and nutritional programs.
- Q What is a neuroendocrine tumor?
- Q How can I protect my children from carcinoid syndrome?
- Q What are neuroendocrine/carcinoid tumors?
- Q Is a carcinoid tumor serious?
- Q How do other illnesses affect a carcinoid tumor?
- Q How do medications treat a carcinoid tumor?