Who should take Ammonul (sodium benzoate and sodium phenylacetate)?

Ammonul (sodium benzoate and sodium phenylacetate) should be used by people who have high levels of ammonia in their blood or whose body does not make enough urea. When your body breaks down proteins, it produces ammonia. Normally, your body makes urea from that ammonia and gets rid of it through your urine. Some people have inherited disorders that prevent them from making urea, so ammonia builds up in their blood. These disorders are called urea cycle disorders and are often discovered in newborn babies or children when the first signs of ammonia build-up appear.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

How is glucagon related to type 1 diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. This hormone elevates blood glucose levels-so it can...
Why is glucagon important for people with diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. It is important to know about this hormone if you ha...
What is ospemifene?
Ospemifene (Osphena) is a drug that affects how estrogen acts on body tissues such as the vagina, th...
What drugs will I take if I'm receiving donor eggs?
If you're receiving donor eggs, a combination of two or three hormonal medications is used to manipu...