Who should not take nitisinone?

It is not known if nitisinone is harmful to the fetus or passed through breast milk, so make sure that the doctor prescribing nitisinone knows if you are pregnant ot breastfeeding. Most people can take this medication, however, you may need to have an eye test. You may also need to have liver tests to determine if this drug causes damage. Do not take this drug if you are allergic to the ingredients.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

What should I know before I take ospemifene?
If you have had a blood clot in the lung or leg, a heart attack, or a stroke, you should not take os...
How is glucagon related to type 1 diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. This hormone elevates blood glucose levels-so it can...
What drugs will I take if I'm receiving donor eggs?
If you're receiving donor eggs, a combination of two or three hormonal medications is used to manipu...
Who should avoid taking oral bisphosphonates?
David Slovik, MDDavid Slovik, MD
While bisphosphonates are quite effective in preventing fractures, the oral forms may not be the...