What are the side effects of clomiphene (Clomid, Serophene)?

Clomiphene (Clomid, Serophene), which is used to induce ovulation, may have some side effects including weight gain and water retention. Possible adverse reactions include swelling of the ovaries, multiple pregnancies, hot flashes, mood swings, depression and irritability.

Clomiphene is taken in pill form and usually given for five to seven days at a time for a maximum of six months. Some healthcare professionals monitor the follicular growth of women taking clomiphene to test the response to the medication and some do not.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

What should I know before I take ospemifene?
If you have had a blood clot in the lung or leg, a heart attack, or a stroke, you should not take os...
What drugs will I take if I'm receiving donor eggs?
If you're receiving donor eggs, a combination of two or three hormonal medications is used to manipu...
What is growth hormone treatment?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Growth hormone treatment is a therapy that may help kids with growth hormone deficiency (GHD) grow t...
How effective is ospemifene?
Ospemifene relieves vaginal dryness and helps restore a healthy vaginal pH. Studies have shown it to...