What is Egrifta?

Egrifta is the brand name for tesamorelin, a drug used to treat people infected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) who have developed a condition called lipodystrophy. That condition causes fat to accumulate in their abdomens. Egrifta is usually injected into the abdomen once a day. It can decrease the amount of fat in that area, though it does not cause overall weight loss.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

Why is glucagon important for people with diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. It is important to know about this hormone if you ha...
When do I need a glucagon shot if I have diabetes?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
A person with diabetes who uses insulin needs an injection (shot) of glucagon if their blood glucose...
What drugs will I take if I'm receiving donor eggs?
If you're receiving donor eggs, a combination of two or three hormonal medications is used to manipu...
What is ospemifene?
Ospemifene (Osphena) is a drug that affects how estrogen acts on body tissues such as the vagina, th...