What is agalsidase beta?

Agalsidase beta is a prescription medication that's used to treat Fabry disease. This is a genetic condition caused by a lack of a certain enzyme in the body. It may cause symptoms including pain and discomfort in the hands and feet, red lesions on the skin, painful stomach problems, kidney failure and impaired heart function. Agalsidase beta is a protein that helps treat this condition by providing the body with the missing enzyme (alpha-galactosidase A). This medication is a liquid that is administered intravenously by a healthcare provider at a hospital or clinic. Make sure you don't miss any scheduled appointments for injections (they're usually done every two weeks). Agalsidase beta is the generic name for the active drug contained in brand-name medications such as Fabrazyme.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

Does ospemifene have any side effects?
Side effects may include hot flashes, vaginal discharge, muscle spasms, and excessive sweating.  Os...
What should I know before I take ospemifene?
If you have had a blood clot in the lung or leg, a heart attack, or a stroke, you should not take os...
How is glucagon related to type 1 diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. This hormone elevates blood glucose levels-so it can...
How effective is ospemifene?
Ospemifene relieves vaginal dryness and helps restore a healthy vaginal pH. Studies have shown it to...