What should I know about DDAVP Injection before recieving it?

Before taking DDAVP Injection (desmopressin) you should know that this medication can be administered only by a professional or a family member who has been trained. DDAVP may not be right for you if you have blood clots, cystic fibrosis, dehydration, fluid or   electrolyte imbalances, heart failure, severe headaches or migraines, cardiovascular (heart and blood vessel) disease, high blood pressure, hyponatremia, or kidney problems. If you are allergic to desmopressin or any of the other ingredients in DDAVP Injection you cannot take this medication.

Although DDAVP is not known to pose a risk to unborn babies, tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant before receiving the injection. 

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

How effective is ospemifene?
Ospemifene relieves vaginal dryness and helps restore a healthy vaginal pH. Studies have shown it to...
What should I know before I take ospemifene?
If you have had a blood clot in the lung or leg, a heart attack, or a stroke, you should not take os...
Why is glucagon important for people with diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. It is important to know about this hormone if you ha...
Who should avoid taking oral bisphosphonates?
David Slovik, MDDavid Slovik, MD
While bisphosphonates are quite effective in preventing fractures, the oral forms may not be the...