What should I know about octreotide before taking it?

Although octreotide may be used to control the symptoms associated with intestinal tumors, you should know that it does not cure the cancer. It merely allows patients to live more normal lives. Octreotide may cause odd fluctuations in your blood sugar level if you have diabetes. It may also increase your risk for gallstones.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

What drugs will I take if I'm receiving donor eggs?
If you're receiving donor eggs, a combination of two or three hormonal medications is used to manipu...
Who should avoid taking oral bisphosphonates?
David Slovik, MDDavid Slovik, MD
While bisphosphonates are quite effective in preventing fractures, the oral forms may not be the...
Why is glucagon important for people with diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. It is important to know about this hormone if you ha...
Does ospemifene have any side effects?
Side effects may include hot flashes, vaginal discharge, muscle spasms, and excessive sweating.  Os...