The current NuvaRing patent ends in 2018, which is when manufacturing of a generic version may begin. No other companies in the United States can manufacture a generic version while the NuvaRing patent is active. If circumstances to extend the patent beyond 2018 do not arise, other companies will be able to manufacture generic versions at that time. It is important to note that ethinyl estradiol and etonogestrel are the generic names of the active ingredients in NuvaRing, but these are not generic versions of NuvaRing.
- Q Does NuvaRing affect sexual intercourse?
- Q What do I do if my NuvaRing falls out?
- Q What testing or evaluation do I need while using NuvaRing?
- Q How does NuvaRing interact with other medications or foods?
- Q Who should use NuvaRing?
- Q What is NuvaRing?