Is there a generic version of NuvaRing?

The current NuvaRing patent ends in 2018, which is when manufacturing of a generic version may begin. No other companies in the United States can manufacture a generic version while the NuvaRing patent is active. If circumstances to extend the patent beyond 2018 do not arise, other companies will be able to manufacture generic versions at that time. It is important to note that ethinyl estradiol and etonogestrel are the generic names of the active ingredients in NuvaRing, but these are not generic versions of NuvaRing.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

What is ospemifene?
Ospemifene (Osphena) is a drug that affects how estrogen acts on body tissues such as the vagina, th...
Who should avoid taking oral bisphosphonates?
David Slovik, MDDavid Slovik, MD
While bisphosphonates are quite effective in preventing fractures, the oral forms may not be the...
How effective is ospemifene?
Ospemifene relieves vaginal dryness and helps restore a healthy vaginal pH. Studies have shown it to...
When do I need a glucagon shot if I have diabetes?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
A person with diabetes who uses insulin needs an injection (shot) of glucagon if their blood glucose...