How will I receive mifepristone?

Mifepristone is a prescription drug, and you will only be able to take mifepristone orally at a doctor's office in the presence of medical professionals. On the first day, you will read about mifepristone and sign your consent to take it and you will take three mifepristone tablets. You will return to your doctor's office two days later so that your doctor can check how the termination of your pregnancy is progressing, and you will also take two additional tablets of misoprostol. You will return to your doctor's office 14 days after your first dose for additional follow-up assessment. If your doctor determines that your pregnancy has not completely terminated, you will be advised of your options at that point, including surgical termination of the pregnancy.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

How effective is ospemifene?
Ospemifene relieves vaginal dryness and helps restore a healthy vaginal pH. Studies have shown it to...
How is glucagon related to type 1 diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. This hormone elevates blood glucose levels-so it can...
What should I know before I take ospemifene?
If you have had a blood clot in the lung or leg, a heart attack, or a stroke, you should not take os...
When do I need a glucagon shot if I have diabetes?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
A person with diabetes who uses insulin needs an injection (shot) of glucagon if their blood glucose...